Medical Coding – Physician Office
The Medical Coding – Physician Office certificate of completion – beginning in spring semester – gives you an in-depth study of the current procedural and diagnosis coding system used by physicians. These include current year:
- CPT (Current Procedural Terminology)
- ICD-10-CM (International Classification of Diseases, 10th Edition, Clinical Modification)
- HCPCS (Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System).
You will have practice scenarios and several exams. The objective of the course is to provide you with a solid foundation in coding principles and to teach you to use the coding manuals properly. A mock examination will be held at the end of
Professional Examination Preparation
This course prepares you to pass either the AAPC (American Academy of Professional Coders) or AHIMA (American Health Information Management Association) CCS-P professional examinations. You schedule the exam of your choice at your convenience. Information on scheduling exams will be provided by the instructor.
For more information, visit www.lorainccc.edu/health or call (440) 366-4015.
Jump Start Your Career in Manufacturing
The Foundations for Manufacturing Careers Program helps prepare you for entry-level careers in manufacturing to meet employer demand in Ohio. Entry-level positions are needed by manufacturers to increase growth and production and form a substantial portion of the available jobs in Ohio.
The Foundations for Manufacturing Careers Program combined with the Manufacturing Skill Standards Council (MSSC) training and assessments address the need for employability and academic skills as well as technical skills. The assessments require mastery of core knowledge and skills that are essential to high performance manufacturing.
This free training includes four, five-week fast-track modules offered on an ongoing basis so if you miss one you can get it at another time.
- Certified Production Technician (CPT) through Manufacturing Skills Standards Council (MSSC)
- OSHA-10 Certification
- National Career Readiness Certificate
- High School Diploma or GED
- Earn industry-recognized certifications that have value in the workplace
- FREE Fast-Track Training
- Attend Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6-8:15 p.m. for each 5-week module
- Get connected to employers
- Dedicated academic advisor to help you every step of the way
What jobs are available at the end?
- General Assembler • Material Handler • Packager
- Warehouse Associate
For more information, call (440) 366-4367or visit www.lorainccc.edu/mssc.